Tuesday, July 7, 2009

TWD Katherine Hepburn Brownies

Posted by BAKE-EN at 10:34 AM


Lisa of Surviving Oz chose Katherine Hepburn brownies as this week's TWD recipe. I had made these once before using the optional cinnamon and wasn't thrilled. Today I decided to make them without the cinnamon, and kept my fingers crossed that I would like them.

Shockingly enough, I'm a bit chocolated out. After the brownies I made for my dad, and the grandmother's cookies from Martha… I'm ready for some vanilla or fruit.

The recipe was very easy to make. You melt your butter then add cocoa powder and espresso powder. Next beat in your eggs and vanilla; followed by dry ingredients and chocolate chunks. I love that this recipe is done by hand so quickly. The resulting batter is dark, dark, dark studded with bits of lovely bittersweet chocolate.





I left the brownies in the oven for an additional 5 minutes because they were still liquid after 30 minutes of baking. After reading a bit online, it seems like I should have used a metal pan instead of a glass for them to bake in the 30 minute zone. Regardless, these brownies are good. Their intense fudginess almost screams for vanilla ice cream. Luckily, I didn't have any on hand...these are so fudgy that you can't eat too many. As far as brownies go, I still prefer the Scharfenberger recipe to this one. That being said, I would be proud to serve these to company.



 

4 comments on "TWD Katherine Hepburn Brownies"

Anonymous said...

Your brownies look delicious. YUM.

TeaLady on July 7, 2009 at 4:40 PM said...

These were good. Dark and chocolatey. Yours came out great.

Mine stuck to the paper and i had to bake longer, but.....

Audrey on July 7, 2009 at 6:22 PM said...

They DO look good. I liked these too. Speaking of liking, I like your new blog design! (It is new, isn't it? :) )

Pamela on July 7, 2009 at 6:42 PM said...

Definitely a good match for some vanilla ice cream! Nice job.

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez