Tuesday, September 2, 2008

TWD Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters

Posted by BAKE-EN at 6:10 PM

Technically Dorie Greenspan calls these cookies "chunky peanut butter and oatmeal chocolate chipsters", but as I used smooth peanut butter I didn't feel right calling them that. Thanks to Stefany of Proceed with Caution for chosing this super fast, easy recipe.

Please note that I started my long awaited amazing job at Sofra Bakery two weeks ago, so my posts will be short and sweet till I have more time to blog.

I decided to halve this recipe because Joe and I have been eating way too many baked goods from Sofra lately! The recipe was a standard chocolate chip cookie recipe with peanut butter added during the creaming stage as another fat. I creamed my butter on the cold side because I read that chilling the dough was good, but I didn't have time for that. I've been seeing more and more recipes for cookies where using cold butter to cream is more than okay. It many cases it results in a better product.


From Food as of 8/17/08


From Food as of 8/17/08





What can I say about peanut butter and chocolate chips cookies, of course they were great! I loved that added texture of the oats as well. This recipe is very similar to my beloved King Arthurs Flour's "Nutty for Oats Cookies" except KAF blitzes some of the oats in the food processor in place of flour. I would highly recommended trying that recipe if you liked Dorie's.



From Food as of 8/17/08


From Food as of 8/17/08

5 comments on "TWD Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters"

Rachel on September 2, 2008 at 9:56 PM said...

I used the Skippy, too! They look great!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just got the King Arthur book. I'll have to look up that recipe. Hope everything is going well with your new job. Take care of those feet!

Bungalow Barbara on September 3, 2008 at 1:31 AM said...

I like that idea of putting some of the oatmeal in the food processor! Thanks!

Molly Loves Paris on September 3, 2008 at 5:55 PM said...

I used creamy Skippy also, and I made them just like any regular cookie and they turned out great. It is a great recipe to halve. Nice looking cookies.

Pamela on September 4, 2008 at 7:45 AM said...

Your cookies look so tempting leaning up on the PB jar like that. Great job.

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez