Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fresh Figs with Homemade ricotta

Posted by BAKE-EN at 6:50 PM
Time is very short for me as of late, but I love making desserts at home.

Luckily, I'm working near a great grocery store that has amazing fruits for great prices. A couple weeks ago, I purchased some amazing figs there.



They were ripe, and I wanted to showcase just how great they were. What I did was I made some ricotta (1 quart of milk brought to a boil with some lemon juice, then strained), then I chilled it.



After chilling the ricotta for a while I cut the figs in quarters and topped them with a little ricotta and some honey from Lake Champlain Apiaries.



The inspiration for this recipe was David Lebowitz's Ripe for Dessert, I followed the concept of his recipe, but I tweeked it to be my own.


2 comments on "Fresh Figs with Homemade ricotta"

Anonymous said...

This looks really good -- I have figs in my 'fridge that I've been trying to use up. This should do the trick!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love figs,ricotta, and honey.Cool that you made ricotta. One day I will attempt cheese. I add pistachios for some crunch.

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez