Sunday, April 13, 2008

TWD Marshmallows

Posted by BAKE-EN at 6:35 PM

Marshmallows are one of those sweet items that I feel people either love or hate. Joe doesn't care for them, but I on the other hand, I REALLY care for them. Leave me alone in the house with a bag of marshmallows and I'm pretty sure at least 50% of that bag will be gone by the end of the day. The only reason I drink hot chocolate is because it's a vehicle for marshmallows. Don't even get me started on why I can no longer purchase large tubs of Fluff. Hey, they're fat free, right?


Back in August my friends and I got together for a big night of eating. I decided to make home made smores for the event. I made the Charles Chocolate graham cracker recipe (posted on chow.com), and I made Dorie's Marshmallows. Those were by far the best smores I've ever had. When I saw that TWD was making marshmallows this week, I was really excited to make them again.


This time around I decided to make espresso marshmallows. I have a small bottle of Trablit that I love to add to different desserts for a great coffee flavor. My kitchen was really cold today, so I had to heat my whites over my stovetop (very carefully!) to warm them up. From that point on I followed the recipe pretty much according to the directions. The one thing I noticed is that the recipe called for an extra tablespoon of sugar, but there was no mention of it in the method. I assumed that it was supposed to go into the whites when they were frothy, so that's what I did.

Here are some pictures of the process and of the final product. I can't wait to add these marshmallows to my hot chocolate tomorrow J









14 comments on "TWD Marshmallows"

lemontartlet on April 13, 2008 at 8:20 PM said...

They sound good but... *whispers* It's Sunday, not Tuesday. Leetle early, moight want to try keeping it to the right day.

Mary on April 14, 2008 at 11:04 PM said...

I'm not getting your pictures?? I want to see your beautiful marshies!

Marie on April 15, 2008 at 8:58 AM said...

I can't see any photos either, but they sound great. I made s'mores with mine as well, peanut butter cookie smores. Yummy!

ostwestwind on April 15, 2008 at 9:37 AM said...

Do I need new glasses, I can't see any marshmallows

Ulrike from K├╝chenlatein

Annemarie on April 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM said...

I HAVE to try s'mores with homemade graham crackers...yummy!

Heather on April 15, 2008 at 2:30 PM said...

mmm...I bet they were so good with homemade graham crackers!

Dianne on April 15, 2008 at 2:48 PM said...

S'Mores...Yum!

Bumblebutton on April 15, 2008 at 5:26 PM said...

Bet your hot chocolate was lovely. I made s'mores too! Yum!

Natalie on April 16, 2008 at 12:03 AM said...

Aw, no pictures! They sound great though!

LyB on April 16, 2008 at 8:36 AM said...

I bet they were delicious!

Donna on April 16, 2008 at 9:21 AM said...

No photos? You're just teasing us and saying you made them!

annmartina on April 16, 2008 at 1:43 PM said...

We made smores too. They were the best we were made

Chez US said...

Ahh, they sound great but there were no photos?! They do sound yummy!

BAKE-EN on April 19, 2008 at 2:41 PM said...

Apparently photos don't automatically upload from word to blogger :( I'll get the pictures up soon.

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez