Sunday, April 13, 2008

TWD Marshmallows

Posted by BAKE-EN at 6:35 PM

Marshmallows are one of those sweet items that I feel people either love or hate. Joe doesn't care for them, but I on the other hand, I REALLY care for them. Leave me alone in the house with a bag of marshmallows and I'm pretty sure at least 50% of that bag will be gone by the end of the day. The only reason I drink hot chocolate is because it's a vehicle for marshmallows. Don't even get me started on why I can no longer purchase large tubs of Fluff. Hey, they're fat free, right?


Back in August my friends and I got together for a big night of eating. I decided to make home made smores for the event. I made the Charles Chocolate graham cracker recipe (posted on chow.com), and I made Dorie's Marshmallows. Those were by far the best smores I've ever had. When I saw that TWD was making marshmallows this week, I was really excited to make them again.


This time around I decided to make espresso marshmallows. I have a small bottle of Trablit that I love to add to different desserts for a great coffee flavor. My kitchen was really cold today, so I had to heat my whites over my stovetop (very carefully!) to warm them up. From that point on I followed the recipe pretty much according to the directions. The one thing I noticed is that the recipe called for an extra tablespoon of sugar, but there was no mention of it in the method. I assumed that it was supposed to go into the whites when they were frothy, so that's what I did.

Here are some pictures of the process and of the final product. I can't wait to add these marshmallows to my hot chocolate tomorrow J









14 comments on "TWD Marshmallows"

Anonymous said...

They sound good but... *whispers* It's Sunday, not Tuesday. Leetle early, moight want to try keeping it to the right day.

Mary on April 14, 2008 at 11:04 PM said...

I'm not getting your pictures?? I want to see your beautiful marshies!

Marie Rayner on April 15, 2008 at 8:58 AM said...

I can't see any photos either, but they sound great. I made s'mores with mine as well, peanut butter cookie smores. Yummy!

ostwestwind on April 15, 2008 at 9:37 AM said...

Do I need new glasses, I can't see any marshmallows

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Annemarie on April 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM said...

I HAVE to try s'mores with homemade graham crackers...yummy!

Heather B on April 15, 2008 at 2:30 PM said...

mmm...I bet they were so good with homemade graham crackers!

Anonymous said...

S'Mores...Yum!

Bumblebutton on April 15, 2008 at 5:26 PM said...

Bet your hot chocolate was lovely. I made s'mores too! Yum!

Natalie on April 16, 2008 at 12:03 AM said...

Aw, no pictures! They sound great though!

LyB on April 16, 2008 at 8:36 AM said...

I bet they were delicious!

Anonymous said...

No photos? You're just teasing us and saying you made them!

Anonymous said...

We made smores too. They were the best we were made

Anonymous said...

Ahh, they sound great but there were no photos?! They do sound yummy!

BAKE-EN on April 19, 2008 at 2:41 PM said...

Apparently photos don't automatically upload from word to blogger :( I'll get the pictures up soon.

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez