Tuesday, March 11, 2008

TWD Russian Grandmother’s Apple Pie Cake

Posted by BAKE-EN at 10:27 PM

This week and next; my posts will be on the shorter side. It's restaurant week here in Boston, and that means I'll be working many extra hours. The upside of restaurant week is that Joe and I will be eating dinner at Excelsior on Friday night. I can't wait for that!

This apple pie cake was fantastic. I found the dough fun to work with and quite tasty. I loved the way the dough hugged the apples as it was baking, revealing the fruit within. I baked this cake with Cortland apples, and I found the flavor of them worked well with the dough.

Luckily, there isn't much to say about this cake/pie other than I will make it again!

4 comments on "TWD Russian Grandmother’s Apple Pie Cake"

slush on March 11, 2008 at 10:31 PM said...

So glad you liked it. I thought it was a pretty cool pie-cake too.

Jhianna on March 11, 2008 at 11:47 PM said...

Cortland apples, huh? Thanks for the tip - the Fuji/Gala/Granny Smith combo didn't really work.

Thanks!

Jaime on March 12, 2008 at 12:31 AM said...

hmmm... not sure if i have ever had cortland apples before?

where are the pics?! :)

Gretchen Noelle on March 12, 2008 at 8:01 AM said...

How excellent that you enjoyed the pie cake so much. It is good to hear which apples people, so many different ones. Great job!

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez