Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TWD Classic Banana Bundt Cake

Posted by BAKE-EN at 9:26 AM


Mary of The food librarian chose banana bundt cake as this week's TWD recipe.

There's not to much to say about this cake other than, make it. Make it now. I loved it. The aromatics of it as it bakes are reason enough to pick up bananas and sour cream at the grocery store. If I could capture the smell of this cake in a candle, I would be a millionaire.

Making the cake is very easy. I halved the recipe and it made 6 mini bundt cakes. They baked for 23 minutes, and looked picture perfect right out of the oven.



How you like them apples? I mean, banana cakes:



(Forgive me, clearly Boston is starting to effect me in a negative way... quoting a movie from 1997. Wow, Good Will Hunting is 12 years old; that makes me...)

For fun, I made three different glazes; chocolate, rum and caramel. Caramel was my favorite because I liked the crunch against the soft cake.



17 comments on "TWD Classic Banana Bundt Cake"

Audrey on August 4, 2009 at 10:29 AM said...

Oh, those ARE picture perfect...especially with the glazes. I'm hopeless at decorating cakes, so I always appreciate the fact that the bundt pan does a lot of the decorating for me! :)

spike. on August 4, 2009 at 12:05 PM said...

THREE glazes? You are a super star!

Flourchild on August 4, 2009 at 12:25 PM said...

Wonderful pictures! Wow your minis look so good. I love the glaze. This recipe is a keeper!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life on August 4, 2009 at 1:26 PM said...

How cute are those? I loved good will hunting. My husband and I often quote that line. Love the different glazes!

Sihan on August 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM said...

I love the variety of glazes you have ! perfect for me.. I'll probably have one mini bundt cake and all 3 glazes at one go! haha. Great job.

TeaLady on August 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM said...

Those are adorable. Love that you made 3 different glazes.

this was a GREAT cake and became my favorite fast.

Pamela on August 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM said...

Ugh...I have come undone at the sight of your glazed minis! Fantastic.

Hindy on August 4, 2009 at 4:33 PM said...

Very adorable cakes. And three glazes! A woman after my own heart. I love a dessert buffet. Beautifully done!~

mike on August 4, 2009 at 4:55 PM said...

Love those little bundt shapes - how fun are those? They look wonderfully delicious - perfect for mini cakes!

Caroline on August 4, 2009 at 4:57 PM said...

I love the glazes, the caramel sounds delicious!

Marthe on August 5, 2009 at 4:59 AM said...

Three glazes??? Wow!! They all look amazing! I managed to save three mini bundts and loved the taste with the lemon glaze!

Anonymous said...

Your mini-cakes look fabulous. I like all three icings, but I think I would also prefer the caramel. YUM.

Cecille Ericta on August 5, 2009 at 9:17 PM said...

The one with the rum glaze looks extra yummy! I will try that next time!

Unknown on August 5, 2009 at 10:31 PM said...

Wow, your cakes are gorgeous! I made mini bundts too and I'm pretty sure we have the same pan :) I think it's so cool that you made three glazes!

Anonymous said...

Your mini-bundt cakes look awesome! I love all the glazes, especially the caramel one! I hope to try that one day...
I loved that line from the movie!

The Food Librarian on August 7, 2009 at 8:06 AM said...

Those mini bundts are just too lovely and pretty! I'm glad you liked the recipe! Thanks for baking along with me this week!!! - mary the food librarian

Lucy on August 23, 2009 at 1:28 PM said...

Your mini cakes look amazing! They turned out so beautifully and the 3glazes have me salivating ;)

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez