Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TWD Chipster Brownies

Posted by BAKE-EN at 4:48 PM


Beth of Supplicious decided on Chipster-Topped Brownies as this weeks TWD recipe. What exactly are chipster-topped brownies you ask? Only a brownie with a chocolate chip cookie layer on top! If it sounds like a dream come true, you should go over to Beth's blog for the recipe.

I was fortunate to have people to serve these extremely rich brownies to. My parents threw a memorial day party at the log cabin they are building in North Hero, VT. Joe and I loaded the dog, all the my baking ingredients and a ton of other stuff into the car on Sunday after work and drove to VT. We were so lucky because the weather was perfect, and most of my mom's side of the family was able to make it. It was fun to see all my relatives, and nice to bake something so appealing for all of them.

Both batters were easy to make and the bar was fast to assemble. First you make the brownie layer and then the chocolate chip cookie topping.






I baked it for about 50 minutes.



The brownie part was a little underdone, but that was intentional. Everyone loved these bars, even my dog, Mason wanted some:


I thought they were okay, but way too sweet for me. I loved the brownie layer, but the cookie topping was lackluster. If someone asked for them, I would make them again; but I think I prefer my cookies and brownies separate.

6 comments on "TWD Chipster Brownies"

Hindy on May 26, 2009 at 5:45 PM said...

I love your aside about the undercooked brownie - "that was intentional". Spoken like an expert baker. Well done!

Audrey on May 26, 2009 at 7:36 PM said...

They look perfect! When I first saw the recipes for May I had the idea that the brownie was going to be on the TOP, which makes NO sense seeing as they are chipster-TOPPED brownies!

Anonymous said...

Your brownies look great. I'm glad they were a success.

Pamela on May 26, 2009 at 8:12 PM said...

Your parents are building a log cabin!?! How fantastic and what a dream. You're right that these are sweet. Next time, cut the sweetness with some ice cream on top! ;o)

TeaLady on May 27, 2009 at 3:43 PM said...

Yes, me too. Brownie, then cookie. ANd they were very sweet. But also very good. Wish I had read the comments before. Baking the brownie a litle first sounds like a great idea.

Yours look good.

Unknown on May 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM said...

I think they look terrific! My cookie dough sank into the brownie batter for some reason so mine were nowhere near as successful as yours!

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez