Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TWD Baked or Unbaked Deliciousness

Posted by BAKE-EN at 8:22 PM


World peace cookie dough is the best unbaked dough I've ever made at home.** Friends who knows me really well (especially in a work environment) know the years of research and caloric intake it took to make such a bold statement. Prior to culinary school I was a bit squeamish about tasting anything raw, but my friend and schoolmate Erin clued me in to how good doughs and batters were raw. Erin even went so far as to eat raw yeasted dough-more than once! (Side note-Erin, maybe you're actually growing a chocolate cherry loaf in your belly?) Thanks to Erin, I've been trying raw cookie dough ever since and I'm proud to say that I think it's made my immune system stronger!

So yes, World peace cookies are amazing raw (no raw eggs to worry about either, so you can go crazy). They are also amazingly simple to put together. Good ingredients are key to making these cookies amazing.


I made my cookies with Valrhona cocoa powder, fleur de sel from Brittany and a combo of Scharffenberger 70% and Callebaut milk chocolate. Those ingredients with fresh butter and King Arthurs flour combined to create an addicting chocolate cookie.




The salt in these cookies really brightens the flavors of the chocolate, and makes them feel more "adult." Thanks to Jessica of Cookbookhabit for chosing this recipe. You can find the recipe at her website.


 

**Sofra employees know that the best unbaked cookie dough in a bakery is either Maureo or Chocolate Chunk (the debate will never end-they are both that good).

 

17 comments on "TWD Baked or Unbaked Deliciousness"

Ivette on February 3, 2009 at 9:16 PM said...

Your cookies look great!! I thought the salt flavor gave them a really nice taste too.. although I think I should have put just a bit more! Love you pics, good job!

Unknown on February 3, 2009 at 9:20 PM said...

I love raw cookie dough and this one is great! Glad you liked it too!

Anonymous said...

I liked the raw dough more than the cookie. Shhhhhhhhh.

Anonymous said...

I love cookie dough, and this was definitely a delicious dough!

Pamela on February 3, 2009 at 10:55 PM said...

Oh, my! Those cookies are so thick and tempting. Yummy! And I'm all for raw dough...with eggs or without!

Lillian on February 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM said...

We did eat a lot of the dough, I must admit! My son has always liked the dough better than the cookies in the past, although this time even he had to admit the cookies were amazing.

Cristine on February 4, 2009 at 6:41 AM said...

Your cookies look so good! The dough (and the finished product) was so tasty!

Mary on February 4, 2009 at 8:47 AM said...

I agree...I think the raw dough is the best...is it gross that all the TWD recipes taste really good raw?

Welcome to our crazy blessed life on February 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM said...

I am a big fan of raw cookie dough. Yours look delicious and I am glad they turned out so well!

TeaLady on February 4, 2009 at 1:15 PM said...

Yep!! They were good raw, but they were outstanding baked. Great job!

That Girl on February 4, 2009 at 1:15 PM said...

I could never get into raw cookie dough. Not because of a fear of raw eggs, just because it was never my thing.

Unknown on February 4, 2009 at 1:21 PM said...

I am also an unreformed raw cookie dough eater. And this dough is the best (you don't even have to worry about eggs). I can tell your cookies were amazing just from reading the ingredient list.

Anonymous said...

HA! I LOVED the dough for these... I didn't mind the crumbling because I just ate all of the little pieces that fell off! Your cookies look so good!

Anonymous said...

i ate a lot of the dough too. the salt was so good in these.

Leslie on February 4, 2009 at 11:30 PM said...

I love how yours look with the thick cut! These are so fabulous, and I think it has a lot to do with the fleur de sel.

Anonymous said...

Your WP cookies look wonderful. And I agree, the dough is the tastiest ever. YUM!

Bungalow Barbara on February 5, 2009 at 8:12 PM said...

Mmm, yum! I'm all for raw dough tasting -- all in the interests of research, y'know...

By the way, what is a Maureo? Sounds interesting...and has to be good if it can compete with chocolate chunk...

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez