How fabulous is this cake?
- I've made it 4 times in the past year.
- Peanut butter, caramel and chocolate.
- Beautiful, shiny caramel topping for extra sparkle.
- It's impossible to have just one piece.
Someone had to pick this recipe, and I'm glad that Tammy of Wee Treats by Tammy did just that. I can't wait to see how much the other TWD'ers loved this recipe.
The recipe is very straight forward. I have a few pointers to help anyone who is going to make this cake based on my own experience.
- Make sure to not overcook your cake. When you think about it, it's a brownie cake, and honestly; who doesn't love a brownie that's a little underdone? I made the mistake of drinking a little too much vino while making the cake for Thanksgiving last year. Oops, I left it in the oven a little too long. It wasn't burned, but it was too dry for my liking.
- Watch your caramel very closely. It can go from beautiful amber to bitter black very quickly. Also, never add cold cream to a caramel. It results in major caramel eruptions. Instead, slightly warm the cream, or at least make sure it's room temp. The caramel will still sputter when the cream is added, but not nearly as much as it would if adding cold cream.
I hope everyone enjoyed this cake as much as I have in the past.