Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Birthday Cupcakes

Posted by BAKE-EN at 1:16 PM
My friend's birthday party was this weekend, so I made some cupcakes for the big event. First, I made coconut cupcakes with coconut cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut "sand".








I also made chocolate cupcakes with Dorie Greenspan's chocolate frosting recipe. I don't have the book in front of me right now, but it's the frosting she uses on the chocolate cupcakes. I love the way these cupcakes looked with the silver dragees.



Lastly, I filled some of the cupcakes with nutella, and then I topped them with chocolate icing and candied hazelnuts. They were my favorite of the three cupcakes.



Quick post today. No TWD post because I don't care for the banana bread recipe that was selected. My friend made it a while back, and we both thought it was just okay.

4 comments on "Birthday Cupcakes"

That Girl on August 6, 2008 at 12:39 PM said...

The nutella cupcakes sound decedantly delicious!

Pamela on August 6, 2008 at 3:00 PM said...

Boy oh boy...those cupcakes look so GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Yeah... you didn't miss much by not making the banana loaf.
The cupcakes look amazing! Pretty and I bet delicious too.

Anonymous said...

Those Beach Cup Cakes are adorable. That is so creative. Great cakes!!!

 

Bake-En Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez